Information on playing with responsibility
Information on responsible gaming
§ Section 76 of the Gaming Act (BGS) obliges the operators of a casino to define in a social concept which measures the casino intends to take to prevent socially harmful effects of gambling and to ensure the protection of players. According to this article and the associated implementing law (Art. 48 Gaming Ordinance), the casino must define specific measures in the social concept:
- for transparent information of the player
- for early detection of players at risk
- for self-control, game restrictions and game moderation
- for imposing and enforcing bans on gambling
- to train and regularly educate the staff responsible for the implementation of the social concept
- to collect data to evaluate the effectiveness of the measures taken
- for cooperation with an addiction centre and a therapy facility
Our concept for player protection
Casino St. Moritz’s concept is based on the results of extensive clarifications and investigations by our social counselling staff as well as on the findings from practical application over the past 20 years.
The implementation of and compliance with the social concepts is monitored by the Social Advisory Board and supervised by the Federal Gaming Board (FGBP). The processes and results underlying social protection are regularly reviewed and continuously optimised through internal and external audits.
To clarify which steps are necessary to maintain appropriate gaming behaviour or to stop gambling for money, we recommend a personal conversation. Please contact a member of our casino staff directly if you wish to have a confidential conversation.
Swiss casino law stipulates that guests who have problems in connection with gambling can also be detained against their will. Casino staff are trained to recognise gambling addiction in the best possible way and to impose a gambling ban depending on the situation.
We coordinate and support the efforts of Casino St. Moritz in the area of addiction prevention and ensure their effectiveness and quality. We provide information about gambling problems and gambling addiction, and advise and support those affected and their relatives.
If you would like to apply for a ban, please contact a member of staff at Casino St. Moritz directly. You can also call the casino of your choice and ask for the person responsible for the social concept. In any case, you will receive fast, uncomplicated and discreet support.
Casino St. Moritz takes your gambling problems seriously. To provide you with the best possible support, we work closely with independent experts from the Social Advisory Board of Swiss Casinos.
Please contact a member of staff at Casino St. Moritz directly. You can also call the casino of your choice and ask for the person responsible for the social concept. In any case, you will receive fast, uncomplicated and discreet support.
If your casino visits do not give you the same pleasure or if you frequently get into mental crises, financial problems, family problems or professional difficulties, you should urgently change your gambling behaviour or give up gambling for money altogether.
Experts you can turn to with the following contacts will be happy to help you:
- Regional Social Service Oberengadin/Bergell: +41 (0) 81 257 49 10
- E-mail: email@example.com
Voluntary exclusion from gambling is an effective means of self-protection if you realise that you are gambling more than you can afford.
You have two options to do this :
- You can apply for the voluntary gambling ban in person at the casino. All you need is an officially valid personal document (ID, passport or driving licence). It is best to ask a responsible person when entering the casino. You will receive information on the requirements for lifting the gambling ban as well as possible advice from external specialist agencies.
- The gambling ban is valid for an indefinite period. The voluntary exclusion can be lifted at the earliest three months after the date of release. The exclusion ordered by the casino can be applied for when the reason for the ban has ceased to exist. For the procedure to lift a ban, please contact the casino that imposed the ban.
- After the gaming ban has been lifted, the data will be deleted immediately.